Saturday, May 23, 2009

GOODNESS OF TOMATOES


As I mentioned earlier tomato is one of my favourite vegetable. Ya, talking about vegetables....is tomato a fruit or a vegetable. I am sure its a vegetable. One day I came across a forum that debate whether tomato is a vegetable or fruits..What do you all think?
I drink tomato juice every morning, cos its the season now... I think, cos its so cheap. I bought it a Tesco. Its only 99cents a kilo. Cheap isn't it. I used to buy 1 pack of about 20 medium red juicy ones that cost me around 2 dollars. Its cheap and good. I mixed it with carrot and green apple and it taste good.
Another way of eating it is to cut into slices, sprinkle with some sugar and add a few drop of soya sauce. Leave it in the fridge for a few hours, then take out and eat it....so delicious. Or you can put it in salads.

Why are tomatoes so good:

* Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and A along with folate, potassium, fibre and proteins.

* They are also one of the important source for antioxidants which play an important role in preventing diseases and keeping us healthy.

* Drinking tomato juice regularly keeps the bacterias and viruses away from your body.

* Tomatoes have a nourishing effect on our skin and also act as a sunscreen naturally.

* Tomatoes also have cardiovascular benefits and it also pumps the level of HDL cholesterol which is a good cholesterol in our body.

* Tomatoes have wonderful anti-aging qualities. Lycopene and beta carotene present in them are the anti-aging components.

My latest slogan : A tomato a day keeps the doctor away.

So eat healthy and stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment