Sunday, June 28, 2009

PEANUT BUTTER - WARDS OF HEART DISEASE


I always have a craving for peanut butter since I was young. I love those crunchy ones....just imagine spreading it thickly on your bread and uummph!! its sooo good.
But for some time I try not to buy when I go shopping for groceries thinking that it's not good for my health.
But today while surfing the net I came across an article that says "Peanut Butter - Wards of heart disease". It caught my attention cos I always thought that it bad for health.
So I want to share with friends the goodness of peanut butter. I am sure you all love peanut butter too.

This is what I found:
*Peanut butter sandwiches could be the secret to beating heart disease, says a study.

*Snacking on peanuts or peanut butter at least five days a week can nearly halve the risk of a heart attack.

*The nuts are thought to lower bad cholesterol, help reduce inflammation in the body and boost the health of blood vessels around the heart.

*Consumption of at least five servings a week of one ounce of nuts or one tablespoon of peanut butter was significantly associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease.

Ellen Mason of the British Heart Foundation said: 'It is beneficial to include nuts in our diets as they are low in the saturated fats that raise our cholesterol.

So I am back to eating my favourite crunchy Peanut butter with my bread for breadfast.

Peanut Butter anyone????

1 comment:

  1. Try adding some sliced banana on top. The salty/sweet combination is delicious and it's packed with protein and potassium to make for a perfect afternoon, post-workout snack!

    ReplyDelete